20 May 2016

Dog on scooter birthday

Hi Everyone, another male card, it's for my Great Nephew who lives and works in Sydney, Australia.

 I had in my mind a "Par Avion" with an aeroplane on the front, so went looking for an aeroplane in my digi stamp files, I had already done a transport card recently here I knew I had other images and this beauty, Dog on Scooter by Gerder Steiner, jumped up at me.  I thought it perfect for the adventurous young man he is. Goodbye aeroplane hello scooter LOL

I used a template of stripes by Delicious Scraps to make the airmail paper, I duplicated it giving them the red and blue colours, although they are a little faded for some reason, I didn't think it mattered. It was the illusion of the airmail I wanted. The map paper is by Marisa Lerin at PixelScrapper

I used red Stickles for the heart in the birthday sentiment and the other sentiment is by dhariana at Scraporchard, I overlaid red instead of the original colour to match the card, he will be coming home in a few months for his Sister's wedding, that's why I used it.

All done in PS and cut and print on the Cameo for the dog and the arrow. I didn't 3D anything just layered them, as it has to go a long way in the post.


12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant work, fabulous colours combined here...Enjoy the weekend.x
 {aNNie}

Viv said...

Aww such a cute doggie image here Faith, great card too.Enjoy your weekend ;) hugs Viv xx

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, such a fun image and great design.
Pauline
x

MaryH said...

Not sure if the previous effort published, or just vanished...will try again! This is just one delightfully cute & fun card. Love the design elements and you're so clever to be able to find these and combine with your digi skills. Sentiment is absolutely perfect with the image, and I'm loving your fab airmail border. TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

Carol L said...

What fun!!! I love the whole concept of this cute card!!

Anonymous said...

What a great card Faith and I love that little doggie. In fact I nearly bought the same digi last week when I was browsing GS website. It's so cute! x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh my goodness....he is so cute...and so is your card! Gave me my morning smile as I look over the view of the ocean...yup...made it to the beach for a week. Weather hasn't been great yet, but just being here along with the smells and sounds makes me happy. I took more picks of the flowers but left on my camera at home. I haven't forgotten, just can't get to them...haha

Pamellia said...

So much fun Faith! The map paper reminds me of my Lite-Brite that I had as a kid, boy I sure loved that thing! Great image, can't go wrong with a doggie! hugs :)

Linby said...

Absolutely brilliant! So much fun and perfectly executed.

G Peplow said...

Fab card Faith, love the little dog, clever use of the airmail border too, have a great weekend, Gay x

Pat K said...

Oh I agree..this is absolutely brilliant Faith. You always amaze us with your clever work in PS. I'm sure your great nephew will love it. xx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, how cute, Faith! Love the world map background and that adorable pup happily motoring o his scooter. :-D