20 March 2016

Country Girl

Hi Everyone, hope you've missed me? I succumbed to the dreaded flu, and as I am older it decided to really hit me hard and leave me feeling a little older, weaker and a few pounds lighter! ME! can't believe it, I'm as strong as an ox most times. Just as well I'm not speaking this, as you wouldn't be able to hear me, yep! I've no voice, hubby is pleased LOL.

Anyhow, enough of me, I didn't enter the Outlawz sketch week before last, so decided I should at least try this week and a beautiful Spring day gave me a lift to make this card, it's a card for one of my Great Niece's birthday which is this week, I thought at one time it would have to be a bought card!!!

I followed the sketch (loosely) laid it out in PS and used a digi stamp which I coloured in PS. I added a punch each side. The image is so like my GN I had to use it.


Digi stamp All Dressed Up Stamps
digi papers from 2006 no name I'm sorry.
gingham alpha Aimee Harrison
background from Hugware no longer available
buttons Papermania
punch Martha Stewart

Outlawz sketch challenge
http://alldressedupchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/challenge-50-winner-and-top-3.html

18 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Oh Faith I do hope you feel better soon big warm hugs to you
What a gorgeous card I'm sure your GN will love it especially as you have made and not brought it (isn't it funny how we feel as though we are cheating when we have to but them) take care
Jacki

Shirley Young said...

Think your GN is going to love this Faith, it's super. Hope you are soon fully recovered. Hubby has got a really bad cold, think he must have picked it up on the plane. Am just hoping he doesn't pass it on !! Did you have the flu jab ?

Sarn said...

LOVELY birthday card.

Hope you feel better soon mate. xxx

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Faith! Young and fresh, so perfect for a teen!! Love those little flower buttons. hugs :)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Adorable ... love the blues and yellows together. She's a fun little country girl too. Glad you're feeling better ... hope you get your voice back soon.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet birthday card Faith - I've had that nasty flu virus too and it knocked me for six. I'm still trying to get over it 2 weeks later. Hope you are on the mend soon x

NanaConnie said...

Adorable, Faith! Love the Martha Stewart borders. I'm finally mostly healed after the broken hand and it's so good to be able to leave comments again. Hugs, NC

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Faith, a beautiful image and lovely spring colours.
I'm sorry to hear that you have been poorly, I hope you are on the mend.
Pauline
x

baileyrosy.com said...

Sorry to hear you have been so unwell Faith and hope you will soon have your voice back and start annoying your husband again real soon. I see the break didn't dull your creativity. That sassy young girl certain has some attitude. Gorgeous colours and beautifully done. A fantastic card for any young lady.

Marie

Linby said...

Sorry you've not been well - I've had it too a couple of weeks ago and every week since some other symptom gets me - I fed up of it now as I suspect everyone else is too!
Great card, love her shirt.

Nancy said...

Fabulous card, Faith! She's one of my favorite ADU images! I made a canvas project using her!
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better, and YES...I did miss you! :o)

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Faith A, love the pretty die borders. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at All Dressed Up. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Karen said...

I'm so sorry you've not been well. The flu hit me too and totally knocked me off my feet.

Roll on summer eh?

This is a great card hun, and I adore your sweet image and how you've coloured her.xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, thanks for playing along at All Dressed Up

Hetty said...

What a sweet teenage girl card, Faith and I know all about the flu. It takes wau to long.
Hope you feel better.

AndreaNorris said...

Love the colours you picked Faith, would love to see her in a hand coloured medium. You've used the sketch really well
Andrea x
All Dressed Up DT

Cindy Groh said...

This so cute, I love the border on each side.

Christa said...

Beautiful card love the softness of the colors thank you for joining us at All Dressed up Challenge hugs Christa