18 February 2016

Golfers Diet

Hi Everyone, a request for a golf card and this is what I came up with. The golfer is one that is from Hugware, I am so sorry it is no longer available, there were some very good artists there.

Anyway, I followed a sketch but decided to turn it upside down, I laid it all out in PS, printed and cut it all out, then embossed the circles and the age, the circles are supposed to represent golf balls, well I thought so LOL. I added the Welsh birthday greeting as the gentleman is Welsh speaking, also tried to keep it red and green also the Welsh colours. I didn't want to change the ready coloured image, so added a blue surround to the image. I embossed the background paper and was going to emboss the check paper, you can see it is partially embossed, which in the end I decided looked Ok. The fabulous sentiment is from Create with TLC.



As it was coming to the end of the embossing in the Calibur, there was a sudden cracking, you know as dies sound when they are going through, I kept going for a second or two then realised it was the folder breaking!!!!!!! I have only used it once before I am gutted! I've taped it together, it's only held by one piece of the folder. I will have to be very gentle when I use it. When I looked the folder an A4 size just fits the plate, I suppose I had it slightly off the bottom plate.

Sentiment from Create with TLC
Golfer from Hugware by Laurie
The golf course is from Hugware by BGD
Check paper Janet Scott at Pixelscrapper

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1660925/ - Age card challenge

http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/challenge-315-check-it-out.html - Use check

http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/week-351-birthday-wishes.html Birthday

http://crafting-with-dragonflies.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/51-birthday-card.html  Birthday

http://disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/birthday-challenge.html  Birthday

16 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a fun card! So beautifully coordinated and all your special little details make it just perfect for the avid golfer. Image and sentiment are so sweet!

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Faith, you have created a fabulous scene for your fun image.
Pauline
x

Shirley Young said...

You always seem to find the perfect image Faith, this is such fun and your design is lovely xx

Pamellia said...

What a great card Faith! Love the golfing theme and that sentiment had me giggling this morning! Well done. hugs :)

Hetty said...

OMG what a totally fun card.I am sure the receiver will have a good laugh.
Love all the little embellishments, such a great and real looking background!

Viv said...

Great card Faith, love that image! aww what a shame about the folder breaking though! hugs ;) Viv xx

Kathy D. said...

I love this card! You have so many details. Your can rock PS...you got skills! Great # on the card...so glad the challenge helped you be inspired.

Karen said...

Tee hee. I love this hun! That sentiment is just perfect.xx

Kathleen said...

Brilliant creation, great image and lovely colours and layout.
Thank you for joining our Birthday Wishes challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Pat said...

Great male card with a super image, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Pat said...

So sorry had my wrong hat on for the last comment, still a great male card but thanks for sharing at MTTC!!!!

Pat xx

Céline said...

oh so cute
thanks for playing with us at di's digi
hugs
céline

Bonnie said...

I love this, Faith! The golfer is a wonderful image and the sentiment so perfect! Love the embossing! It's a shame the folder broke. Hopefully you can still use it.

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card and sentiment, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

CG said...

What a fabulous card! Love that golf ball banner. LOL, I've broken a few embossing folder is my time...Glossy Accents works work to help hold them together! Thanks for joining us at Crafting at Dragonflies. Best, CG

Helen said...

Great card - love that image and your sentiment is a clever one too!

Thanks for joining us at Crafting With Dragonflies.

Helen x