04 April 2015

First card!!

Hi Everyone, I have had my birthday present, from hubby, just a little over a week and have finally made something tangible with it. My fabulicious present was - the Silhouette Cameo Yippeeeee! I can finally print and cut. I'm not sure I got things quite right, but I was so anxious to put it together I didn't care and it's better than if I had cut it by hand. I saw this card by Cely and just had to have this image. So here is my version, made for my 22 year old Godson.



This is the inside

I added transparent Perlen Pen to make the "hair" look like wax added Stickles to the inside flame a couple of embossed layers and a sentiment I found on the web. (The inside sentiment was "thrown" at me by my son)
Cutting file Candles by Scrapchick
Digi papers are from a kit Very Sweet Birthday by Robin Carlton
the inside candles by Dustin Pike
Embossing folders Tattered Lace border die, Chic by Scruffy Little Cat 

7 comments:

Shirley Young said...

Well done Faith, it looks absolutely brilliant - just love those candles xx

Pamellia said...

Wow, what a wonderful gift, and happy birthday by the way!! Such a fun card, reminds me of a scene from Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast. So animated and cheery! Great job, looking forward to seeing what else you create with your new Cameo! hugs :)

cotnob said...

Such a fun Birthday card Faith, lovely bright colours.
Wow! A Silhouette Cameo, what a wonderful gift, you will have so much fun playing.
Pauline
x

Jacee said...

Such a fun card Faith, fabulous work!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sue said...

Wow you lucky girl Faith!! and I love your card have a great Easter! huggles Sue xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

wo wow wow....did you kick it up a notch or what! Fantastic. Your son is sooooo going to love and I hope you are loving your new Cameo....!!!

Linby said...

Well done you are off to a great start with it. I have an earlier version and foind it useful signing up to UK scrappers they have loads of help and ideas.
Linby x