21 July 2013

Kayaking

Hello Everyone, did you think you had lost me? no such luck I'm afraid we have been busy decorating and with the heat not a pleasant experience, never mind it WILL be worth it (I hope)  We (I) decided, that as we didn't use the chimney any more, to take it down would be to offer us more room, so it's GONE, and what a difference, here's a sample of our luxurious lounge at the moment LOL.  Of course there is a bit to do yet.













Now to my card and as it's going to be entered into the Digitally Sweet challenge I am going to show it digitally before printing and after.  The theme is Sunshine & Summer, not so much of the sunshine, well it is reflected in the water!!!!  The image is one I had by Gordon Fraser at Craftsuprint, I made the water myself with PS brushes and a gradient overlay, I know, too much information, that is not understood - sorry.  I made the "wave" in PS and 3 D'd then Glamour Dusted it, I also 3 D'd the sentiment included with the image, The name etc was added to the printed page.  I love the expression on his face, really loving what he is doing, by the look of it.  I nearly forgot the recipient is also an enthusiastic Scouter and I had to include this on the card, hope the logo is enough, although you may not be able to see it, I "rippled" it so it looked like it was in the water..



http://digitallysweetchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/dsc-45-sunshine-summertime-and-dt-call.html  Sunshine / Summertime



I thought you may be interested to see some of my latest visitors to the garden, Starlings, Mums and their babies, making a heck of a noise too.   I didn't get a few more out of range, into the photos, incredible, something like the film "The Birds"






13 comments:

Shirley Young said...

Your lounge looks a bit like my kitchen did - it was finally finished on Friday and has been worth all the upset as I'm sure your lounge will be.

Love the card, all the Photoshop effects look wonderful and the image is great too.

Looks like the birds are making a takeover bid for your garden !!

Sarn said...

Great photo's Faith. Good luck with the decorating! I don't envy you! xxx

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Faith absolutely perfect for a kayak enthusiast. Love your colour choices for the water.

You are so energetic in this heat. Can't wait to see the finished project and what a beautiful backyard..no wonder the birds flock there..I would too! hugs, Pat K x

Aileen said...

Hi Faith, thanks for coming in past and visiting me. Your card is fab for an 18yr old. Love the way you've made the background. Your garden is gorgeous. We woke to thunder and lightening today so the lovely weather is a bit absent at the moment. x

Sally H said...

Great photos, faith! Hope your lounge comes together quickly. Your Starlings look a bit like ours. I keep threatening ours with ASBOs, particularly when they knock the suction feeder off the window when they fight in it! Love your card too. Perfect for the young man, by the sound of it!

Viv said...

Great card and digi work Faith, as you probably saw on my blog I am just getting to grips with CAP atm.I am ok using PSP but CAP is so different.Good luck with the decorating, we are doing bits too....oh the mess and oh the work !!!We didn't have starlings this year, but lots of other birds thank heavens....the numbers decline each year I fear :) Viv xx

Anonymous said...

Fab post Faith! Your card is amazing as always!! Gorgeous photos of your garden - I have lawn envy, lol! The decorating WILL be worth it!
xx

Bonnie said...

As usual, Faith, you astound me! This is a fantastic card!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Fantastic card front! Love your room without the chimney!
Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Vicky Hayes said...

Nice to see you living in the lap of luxury Faith lol! Looking forward to the 'after' pics. What a brilliant card - and I do know exactly what you mean by a brush with a gradient overlay! Beautifully done and I bet he loved it. Vicky x

Loli said...

Hola Faith, your luxurious lounge look fantasitc :D:D:D:D, i hope to see pics with before and after:D.
Your garden look wonderful too with your visitors:D
Great card queen of digicards!!! an amazing job, as always.
A warm hug from Palma and have a nice week.

G Peplow said...

Hi Faith, Well what a lovely lounge you will have when it's all sorted, good luck with your decorating:D You amaze me with your digital cards Faith, this one is fabulous!! I really love it:D xx

Shirley-Anne said...

What an interesting read , your post. Thanks for sharing wonderful photos ..cant wait to see the room refit when all done . And I am happy that I don't have that lawn to mow ! looks like a happy respite area for the birds though
How clever are you!! with the computer work needed for this fabulous masculine card . It is great design .
hugs Shirley-Anne