09 July 2012

Gold card

Firstly, I am apologising again for the lack of comments, I hope to be back on track soon.

This weeks challenge at Less is More is Gold, not yellow, but GOLD!.

Here is my offering.  It's a second card for me on the same theme, I was asked to make a card from the department I work in, to make a card for man who got married abroad he'll come back to work married and to a party that quite a few of the staff are attending.  I made one and then decided that it may not be suitable, you know the feeling, will it be just me who likes it?, well I made this card as a second offering if they didn't like the first.  I'll post the first card later in the week if I can.  I decided on the Mr & Mrs rather than to the bride and groom or on your wedding day, as of course they will be married when they receive it.

I used Mandi's colouring suggestion for the gold text (which is "Rage") and printed it out, then printed a second layer wholly in the same gold to layer the text onto. I strung gold twine? around the layers and because the twine and the printing were different colours I used the shiny mirror card in a heart to match it, I embossed it curly to match the text. I thought maybe the Mr & Mrs would stand out more being slightly darker, I hope!

Just realised the layers look on a slant, they are NOT - honest, don't know why it shows as such here.


I am entering these into the following challenges


http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/          Gold


http://mygraficocrafts.blogspot.co.uk/               Wedding


http://unstampabelleschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/      Celebrations Any form of paper creation will be accepted as long as NO STAMPS (Digital or Rubber) have been used (this includes sentiments).

http://justsomelinesblog.blogspot.co.uk/           Clean and Simple

16 comments:

Merry said...

I really like how you have attached the heart and the twine. Thanks for entering into our CELEBRATIONS challenge at Unstampabelles.

GinaA said...

This is a super card, great heart and love the Mr & Mrs

Susan Hogan said...

Fabulous card Faith. I am sure your party will love it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Unstampabelles Celebration Challenge.

Rosemary said...

lovely card, faith! i think it is perfect for your just married co-worker!!

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful card, Faith. That shiny gold heart is fab! Ann Y.

Marrigje said...

I think this is a fabulous card. Very special.

Marrigje

Shirley Young said...

Great card Faith, I love the twine effect.

kelly ledder said...

Faith this is stunning, I love it!

Kelly x

HuggiesCrafts said...

Lovely card. I really like the Mr & Mrs, and the gold heart and twine are beautiful.
Thanks for joining in our celebrations challenge at unstampabelles.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Faith, this is sensational, what a gorgeous design and love how you have used the twine very effect and unusual and the text is fantastic.

Marie

Chrissie said...

This is great Faith!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

CathyC said...

lovely card - just love that embossed heart. Thanks for joining in UnstampaBelles celebrations challenge.

Mandi said...

Lovely card Faith
Funny how the font looks quite dark, maybe its the photo
I find it the perfect shade for me!
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Loli said...

Hola Faith, i think now they are MR. and MRS, is not the wedding day...I think is perfect MS.MRS.Great idea your swirl heart and the gold twine look beautiful!, gorgeous card Faith.
A hug from Palma, the melted island

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Very cool design...love the gold heart!! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Unstampabelles!

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith, I am so behind with visiting and commenting!! Fab cards since my last visit!
xx