08 June 2012

You are in my thoughts!

I thought I had better explain the card in my title before you saw it!

This is for a friend of mine, who is in a bad state at the moment, menopause and all that!  She absolutely loves bright and cheerful, so I thought this fun (I think) image and sentiment would hopefully give her a smile at least, she knows my quirky/sick sense of humour and would expect something like this from me. I hope LOL




I used Incontinence Irene from Squigglefly and the sentiment that goes with it. I paper pieced her dress in PS from digi papers by Mommyish at Digichick, lovely bright and cheerful, then used some matching papers from the rest of the bundle for the rest.  I coloured her in PS and used burn and dodge tools to shade. Added Stickles and a lovely ribbon from Fantastic Ribbons.

The sketch I followed is LOTV 26th June,  I presume from last year.













I shall be entering the following challenges
http://doyoustackup.blogspot.co.uk/          DYSU #75 - Paper Piecing   -  Her dress

 http://craftyannschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/   #67 It's a Girl Thing  - Crossed legs?


http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.uk/   Use Something Wet - Stickles


http://pixieduststudiopixiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/    #130 Use 3 patterned papers  - I have




       


  

17 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. i shouldn't laugh.. but that image is so funny... i hope it cheers up your friend , it certainly made me chuckle
Lisa x

Denise said...

Love this card - such a fab image and great sentiment. I love how you have paper pieced her dress.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
Hugs
Denise xx

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Oh Faith, this is hilarious! You have given me such a laugh tonight and I'm sure it will really cheer your friend up. A super card :) Sarah xx

Sally H said...

Just brilliant! I am sure she will love it!

Shirley Young said...

A fabulous card Faith and I'm sure it will lift your friend's spirits - that image is brilliant.

Vicky Hayes said...

Can you hear me squawking with laughter Faith? What a fabulous card! Vicky x

Unknown said...

That looks great - I am sure it will cheer her up

kitten - DYSU team

Ann Whitfield said...

I'm sure your friend will love this Faith, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Claire said...

Lol, fab card it really mdae me giggle. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

Lol, fantastic Faith!!! This image would suit quite a lot of people I know - me included!! Brilliant!
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh how many times has this been me...love it Faith gave me such a giggle :)

Aileen said...

I'm sure she will absolutely love this Faith! It's a real hoot. x

Unknown said...

Very FUN card, and since she knows your quirky sense of humor I'm sure she will love it!
Thank you for joining us in the "Add something Wet" challenge over at Sassy Studio Designs! Good Luck on the draw!
Ruza - SSD DT

G Peplow said...

Fun card Faith, understand all about frequent visits, LOL I'm sure your friend will laugh and enjoy this card, well done, Gay xxx

WencheP said...

*LOL* - the image is kind of funny! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Karen C said...

Oh this is so funny - I wish I didn't understand it! LOL Thanks for sharing! Glad you came to play in the 'Add A Splash' challenge at Sassy Studio Designs this week! Best of luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Karen C (Sassy Sister)
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

Jen said...

Great fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
Jen x