10 June 2012

Graduation



Less is More is asking for
ONE LAYER CARD
time once more. 
The challenge this week is to
 USE A FLOURISH
Now you know I am not a stamper, but that doesn't stop me entering into the spirit of Less is More.  I looked at all my files for "flourishes" but none of them did anything for me, then I got to thinking what would I use it for, so went through my PS brushes and came up with Graduation by Obsidian Dawn.
Of course that's what I'll do it for, so tried a few brushes, but they left me cold too, then I added the tassel and voila a card was born LOL.  I thought the tassel looked like a flourish I had tried earlier, so added it and kept everything in black, printed it out and then added Glamour Dust to give it a shine.  Hope it meets the "flourish" LOL.  The font I used is Smitten Kitten.  It sounds such a quick card and would have been if I had thought it through first, as it was I was 2 hours or maybe more searching trying and deleting before I came up with it, Oh!well.


I shall be entering the following challenges

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/         Flourishes

http://digitaltuesdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/     Anything Goes, must use Digital

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Faith!! As anyone who's done a degree will know, the tassel is worth the hassle, lol!! Perfect font too.
xxx

Chrissie said...

Interesting interpretation of flourish Faith...it's a cute card however!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Perfect interpretation of the challenge! Love that tassel...I got mine (BSBA) when I was 42....nothing like waiting until you "mature" to go to school! LOL!

Mandi said...

Different take, thats a FAB tassel Faith
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Super card - simply perfect as a graduation card

Kathyk

Sally H said...

Fab card, Faith! Perfect for graduation

Loli said...

Hola Faith, very original interpretation about flourish, clever idea!! Faith, i like stamp but i'm not a crazy for stamps i prefer make cards with all posibilities:D:D:D, i'm understand you:D:D:D
Well done faith.
A warm hug from Palma

laurie said...

This is so awesome!

Julie said...

Love the image! Great card.

Shirley Young said...

Great idea -it's made a super card.

Karin said...

love it!

Inkyfingers said...

Great idea to make a graduation card. Love it!

Jenni's Jems said...

Now that's a neat idea and I just happen to have a goddaughter who is graduating in July ....:-)thanks for the inspiration! x

Beth said...

Ooh fab idea!

Love Beth xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a brilliant idea for a graduation card Faith! I love your tassel with the sentiment nestling in the curve. Vicky x

Pia S said...

Your card is such a fab one!

G Peplow said...

Hi Faith, I love your graduation card, it's so CAS too, brilliant make, clever you, xxx

Squirrel x said...

I wish my mind could get itself "out of the box" like yours hun, this is simply fabulous, and what a great take on a flourishing graduation! Brilliant. Thanks for your loony comment, you made me laugh out loud :oD Hugs Sxx

Rosemary said...

okay... i think your idea is brilliant, faith!! the tassel does have the look of a flourish!!

Aileen said...

Love your take on the challenge. The tassel on it's own is brill for graduation. x

Deanna said...

Great Grad card love the tassel:)

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

I love the tassel Faith! It's a perfect graduation card ~ the font is lovely too :) Sarah xx

Anonymous said...

Faith you are so clever !!!!! What a perfect graduation card simple and dynamic at the same time I love it !

Marie

Diane said...

Fabulous clever design and the tassel has fantastic texture. Wonderful!
Diane