15 June 2012

Fathers Day

A quick post, I've been absent of late, due to mojo gone walkabout! .

I did this card for a friend who's husband is a rugby fanatic and whose team is The Ospreys from Swansea.  I didn't know what to do, so as their logo is the bird mask, so to speak, I copied it from the web and made a file to cut it out, which I then made a strip of, I also made the background paper in PS of the mask and the footballer.  The man came from the web as well as did the Osprey rugby ball along the centre.  I cut the circle with my Cricut, also the black pinking sheer circle, also cut the No 1 Daddy, I did the text in PS.  I'm glad to say she and her 2 little daughters were thrilled with it., Just hope he is, on Sunday.


I shall enter this into the following challenges

http://cardsformen.blogspot.co.uk/   Fathers Day

http://celebratetheoccasion.blogspot.co.uk/    Fathers Day

http://lejdesignschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/        Daddy Dearest / Male project

http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/    Fathers Day

http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.co.uk/    Fathers Day

http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/       I love you Dad

http://doyoustackup.blogspot.co.uk/      Boys / Men

21 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is brilliant - and i think you met the challenge very well.love the DP with the bird mask.. a really personal card
Lisa x

Squirrel x said...

This is so cool Faith! I love what you have done here, my gosh, so much work, but what a brilliant result Hugs Sxx

Adrian said...

Great job! Thanks for joining CTO's Father Day Challenge!

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Fantastic card Faith, definitely one of a kind. No wonder they were thrilled with it! Sarah xx

Vicky said...

A gorgeous Father's Day card, just right for our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week, good luck in the draw

hug Vicky x x x

Denise said...

Hi Faith,
This is fantastic - great image and I love the backing papers.
Our challenge over at Do You Stack Up this week is Man or Boy and this card is perfect for it.
Hugs
Denise xx

http://doyoustackup.blogspot.com

Shirley Young said...

I am sure he will be thrilled to receive such a unique card. You've done a great job.

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm sure he'll be delighted Faith! Your cards are always so thoughtful. Vicky x

Caz said...

This is lovely, thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge, and good luck..

Caz PPCC, DT

Marie said...

LOL and LOL again. Thanks for joining in at LEJ Designs

WencheP said...

This is just a super card. Great image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Aileen said...

Hi Faith, What a fun father's day card. Love the image. x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab image and I love the blue and black colour scheme. Thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge
Lindsay xx

Sylvia said...

What a fun Father's Day card, faith, I am sure he like it! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star "Father's Day" challenge!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great, personal creation! I'm really lovin' your shadowed sentiment here! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Anonymous said...

Great papers!! Love the colours. Thanks for joining in at LEJ Designs Challenge. Good luck. xx

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love how the pattern flows throughout the card, such a great masculine card! Thanks for joining us @ CTO this week for our "Father's Day" Challenge :o)

Pauline said...

Brilliant card, love this image, and the fab colouring and papers.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Rach83 said...

Great mix of patterns, Faith. Lovely sentiment too - I'm sure it will be treasured.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope to see you back with us soon.

Rachel x

Anonymous said...

Faith you can always be relied on to come up with the goods nothing is too difficult for you ! Great guy card and fab design I bet he loved it.

Hope the mojo returns soon although it loos like it is still here ! Maybe its on holiday it is summer after all and you have been working it so hard, poor thing.


Marie

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Super cute Faith!! Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith