06 January 2012

Retirement card

One of our Orthopaedic Surgeons is retiring and I was asked to make a card for him, the only thing is, he is coming back as a Locum surgeon, so not actually retiring, just reducing his hours, just as well as it would be a great loss to see him go completely.  Anyhow, this is the card I did, the image is "It's Your Day!" by Karen's Doodles, it's paperpieced with Tweet Tweet digi paper from RetroDiva and I coloured the rest in PS. I copied pictures of orthorpaedic X Rays off the web and used Gradient in PS to make them "pretty" colours LOL. I printed them on the card and then 3D'd the layers with Papermania card. I then cut out the image again and made a slight decoupage effect.  The girl who asked me to do it, was pleased and liked the orthopaedic implants in the picture.  I have blurred the name on the television screen.  Hope you like the card.




7 comments:

Denise said...

Great card Faith - the x-ray background is brilliant.
Hugs
Denise xx

Beryl K said...

Terrific card Faith, love the background absolutely perfect. Happy New Year
Beryl x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fab.. i love that background
Lisa x

Bonnie said...

How perfect for this retirement! I retired 2 years ago to help with our grandson. Now I'm working more hours than before. I get kisses and hugs on this job though. Come to think of it, I'm glad I didn't get them on the last job.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great idea to use orthopaedic x-rays as a background! I love the way you personalise your cards Faith. Vicky x

G Peplow said...

Happy New Year Faith, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas:0) Love this card, you are so talented when it comes to personal cards, right on the button!!! Hugs Gay xxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

You are so clever ! Love the background and the image is so much fun just perfect for the occasion.

Marie