28 January 2012

LIM 52

LIM 52 and Chrissie and Mandi's LESS IS MORE blog birthday, they have been at it a year now, encouraging us to think outside of the box, I'm still trying too LOL.  The criteria for this week is -

For our challenge this week we have a SKETCH and we have a few basic ground rules.


We would like the card to be


  • rectangular
  • in landscape orientation
  • with the band remaining in a vertical position 

As it's a very simple sketch,  we would like it to remain as is without any rotation 
of either the cardor the vertical band.
I had a look today as usual to see what was "on the cards", I like a sketch it gives me somewhere to start, and this is a great sketch.  As I had just finished a Valentine's card order I decided I was still in the mood for lurve,( better not tell the hubby! "laughing")

As you know by now, I am not a stamper, but I do love my digital.  These are an image and paper from Gina Jane at DAISIE, In PS I placed the background paper first, then made a strip and placed it on top, I then had a play to see where the heart would in my opinion look best and placed it. Printed them out seperately then glued them on the card, I used 3D foam pads to adhere the heart, I Stickled some of the chocolates and glossy accented the paper ones in the box.  The sentiment I either read or saw somewhere, it just came into my head this morning.

EDITED - NO!!!!!!!!!! I have only just noticed that I spelt chocolate wrong, will have to print the sentiment again on a label and add it. DUH!



I am goint to enter the following challenges as well as LIM with this card.

http://sweetnsassydigis.blogspot.com/    “Desserts, Anyone?

http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/       LOVE IS IN THE AIR"





30 comments:

Suzilou said...

Love your choccies and what a great card :)

Denise said...

Fab card Faith - love that heart chocolate box - yum yum.
Hugs
Denise xx

Chrissie said...

This looks great... super papers, fab card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Beryl K said...

Terrific card Faith and the sentiment is priceless, I love it
Beryl x

Loli said...

Hola Faith, WHAT GREAT IDEA!!fantastic concept, well doen, i love your heart chocolate box, beautiful!
A warm hug from Palma

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is brilliant .. love the sentiment !
Lisa x

Holly Young said...

I'm a digital girl too, and I love what you did here Faith! Love your sentiment!

Dana said...

What a great idea! The chocolates look yummy! :)

Mandi said...

Oh that chocolate heart looks fabulous Faith
Terrific card
Much appreciated, thank you
mandi
"Less is More"

Marjo said...

Great CAS design, thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too.

xoxo Marjo

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hiya Faith, love this beautiful card and those chocolates look so so real, clever idea and beautifully executed.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the chocolate heart Faith! Brilliant!
xx

Jenny said...

Oh Faith, I'm good at spotting mishaps after I've stamped/printed them...easily rectified though at least :)
Yummy box of chocolates and a fab card :)
Jenny x

Kathyk said...

A truly splendid valentines card - bet it will be well received. How many times have we all had a spelling mishap! Good luck putting it right then

Kathyk

Carol L said...

What a yummy looking heart box full of candy! Thanks for joining the SNSDC!

Suze Bain said...

Lol, you don't notice the type unless you zoom in. A super card. x

Rosemary said...

what a clever card, faith!! i'm no good with digi... but you have mastered the genre beautifully!!

Jenni's Jems said...

Mm they do look good enough to eat! and really fab sentiment x

Susan said...

The candy looks yummy! Don't you hate when you misspell something and it messes up your card! I do that a lot! LOL! (I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't told!) Fab card!!

Aileen said...

Those chocs look yum. Super take on the challenge. x

GinaA said...

So yummy, the card is great too.:)

Bonnie said...

Love that box of chocolates Faith!

kingstonmama said...

Fabulous! Love that box of chocolates and the gorgeous red panel behind it. :) Ann Y.

G Peplow said...

HI Faith, This is brilliant who can resist choccies? wonderful depth in your box, I like the ones with nuts LOL Gay xxx

Stephanie said...

Very cute, thanks for playing at SNSDC.

Sally H said...

Gorgeous! If you have some more of the paper you could pop a single chocolate over your spelling boo-boo. Sure it will still look delicious whatever you do!

Diane said...

OOOh chocolate my favourite food group. Wonderful card love the image and sentiment ....and who cares about spelling when you've got a lovely box of choccies to look at!
Diane x

Lynne said...

Brilliant card.
Lynne xxx

Jo Street said...

Great card.
Jo x

Sarn said...

Fantastic card Faith. Perfect for the challenge.
Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!