22 January 2012

Confirmation card

Sorry about the lapse of blogging, I have been off work for a week due to annual leave I had to take. My hubby and I have actually spent some quality time together and it's been lovely. However I had to do a few cards as I had an order for 2 and my 55 year old niece and her husband got confirmed today and this is the card I made for them, it was based on  a card I saw here http://www.lorimaycards.co.uk/page10.htm I was looking for a verse and this was perfect, I used part of it on the front and part on the inside.




This is how I did it all - I used the font Vivaldi, the lily overlay is by Pixels and IceCream but to get the cross and chalice in, I had to cut it down a bit, I think it's such a beautiful overlay.  The Cross is a cut file by BirdCards.com, the chalice is an image I made into a cut file, the “bread”? I cut a circle and added the cross without all the intricate cuts to the middle, then added it with 3D foam pads to the chalice after cutting out on my Cricut using Fairycuts. I added small bling to the both crosses and then added Glamour Dust byDecoArt to the lily overlay. I am really pleased with this card.  The photo makes the cross and chalice look gold coloured, in fact it was cut from Silver mirror card.

8 comments:

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous card, just perfect for your niece and her husband, I hope all went well for them, I'm sure they loved your clever card :0)Gay xxx

Aileen said...

This is so pretty. I'm sure they loved it. x

Lisa Jane said...

THis is so pretty
Lisa x

Beryl K said...

Such a beautiful card Faith, just perfect for the occasion. The verse is beautiful too
Beryl x

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a beautiful card Faith and I love that overlay! Glad to hear you've been enjoying a bit of quality time with your hubby! Vicky x

kingstonmama said...

Lovely card, Faith. I'm sure it was much appreciated. The verse you chose is wonderful, too. Ann

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Faith, you always say the nicest things and make me blush, than you for your kind words. What a beautiful confirmation card , beautifully and tastefully created with such soft delicate colours. glad to here you have been spending some quality time with your husband.

Marie

Bonnie said...

Such a lovely card! Glad you got to make some cards as well as enjoy your husband. A perfect vacation!