19 November 2011

My first Guest DT

I am absolutely thrilled to bits that I am guest DT for SAS4Kids http://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/  the challenge is Happy Holiday Wishes and they have three sponsors and prizes  Prairie Fairy ($15 gift certificate), The Cutting Cafe' (3 sets of digis or cutting files) and Digital Delights (3 images of winners choice).   This is going to be a long post as I had such fun with the digis.

This is my first card,  I have used the Digital Delights Christmas Smiley tree, don't you just love his happy face?  I have used papers by RetroDiva Tweet Tweet papers, I have had these for such a long time, but I think they are Christmassy colours. I added him to shiny pearl card, which doesn't show up  much here. I Stickled then added the stars, which are from stash so is the ribbon, I coloured the tree in PS, simple but bright I think.  

I also made a box to match from the same paper.  It was only after I photographed it that I noticed the black fold guide lines DUH!  Never mind, I will be making another to match the card colouring the lines this time.


My second card is another by Digital Delights another happy face, Christmas Bongo this time, love that name, such a little sweetie.  I also used the Cutting Cafe Large banner and coloured him to match the papers, the green check is a digi Jolly Green gingham by Designed to Delight, the stocking digi paper is by Audrey Jean Roberts Christmas tossed stockings, stars, bows. I coloured Bongo in PS added Stickles and textured snow to his hat rim, the banner is fastened to buttons and hangs loose on gold thread, which has lovely movement for a child. ~Oh! yes and I decoupaged him in 3 layers.

I also made a matching bag, I tell you I was having such fun with these.  Again I used the same paper and also added buttons to the ribbon and added holly from Audrey Jean Roberts.

I then decided to do something different I used the Stocking Noah by Digital Delights and coloured him in PS, matching the Wallace around the World digi snowflake paper, again I have had this for years.
I cut the snowflakes with my Cricut with an SVG by Bird, out of glitter paper I bought in The Range, I added ribbon again bought in The Range, it's lovely and glittery and shines, hope you can see that.  I cut Noah and 3D'd him, added him to embossed card added the sentiment, which to me is what he could say after popping out of the stocking, OK call me mad! lol.  AND THEN! made a pinch bag to match, told you I was having fun!

This is out of the same digi paper, I added Stickles to make him glitter and more glitter snowflakes.I didn't finish there, Oh! NO! I went on to make some very simple but I think effective cards with images from the Cutting Cafe, I coloured them in PS then added a sentment, so quick and easy and so very handy for quick cards, but also to add to cards as I did in the Christma Bongo card.






Well after that bumper session, which if you have made it to the last was brave of you.  I LOVED my FIRST Guest DT spot and was thrilled to take part.  Thank you everyone at SAS4Kids for your help and encouragement.





9 comments:

Karen Hasheck said...

Wow- great job on all the cards and on the boxes and the blogpost!I am happy we were your first guest dt position- you did a great job! Thanks for helping us spread the word about Send a Smile 4 Kids and be sure to come back and join in our challenges again!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Wow, you outdid yourself! Such beautiful projects, all of them are just completely adorable. As Karen has already said, thank you for spreading the word and being a GD for SAS 4 kids :)

Shelby said...

Faith... All of your cards or just absolutely gorgeous and you've done a fantastic job! Thanks so much for joining us at Send a Smile 4 Kids.

Shelby

Kerry said...

Congratulations on your GD spot Faith...after all these amazing projects I wouldn't be surprised if they snapped you up full time! Your colouring with PS is fab...any tips you can give me??? I especially love Stocking Noah card .. FABULICIOUS pp and snowflakes xx

Bonnie said...

I see that you have been busy too! I enjoyed hearing from you and seeing all of your wonderful Christmas creations. I really love that happy tree!

G Peplow said...

Hi Faith, Congrats on your GD spot, you've made some beautiful cards and bags too, clever stuff, and soo cute:0) Thank you for your kind comments, things are improving over here:0) Gay xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Faith - I'm so pleased for you with your GD spot - very well deserved! And what a gorgeous selection of creations you've made - all so festive. I particularly like Bongo's banner and (being a CAS girl at heart!) I adore those one-layer designs at the end of your post. Vx

Kimberley said...

Well done on the DT - I've just had a quick snoop around your blog and looking at your work the DT call is well deserved. I would also like to take this opportunity to say thank you very much for all your kind comments on my cards - they are less deserved!

Thanks again.

Aileen said...

Wow you have been so busy! Well done on GD and gorgeous selection of projects. x