05 November 2011

A baby girl card

A beautiful Saturday morning and at last time to blog.  I was asked to make a card for a work colleague for her new baby granddaughter, not born yet, aw!
 
I had a made a cut out for her last new baby grandson, and she wanted me to duplicate it, I'm afraid I am one of these people who can do one thing, but always has to alter something on the second, my alterations on this one has to be the colours of course, (the other one was blue and white) I wanted pink, but a bit more!  I tried to find pink and something else, then went to Design Seeds here to get some colour suggestions, I went with this


Then I had to find some digi paper, and a thought occurred, why not make my own! now it's not something I have done before, so a peek on the web to find out how and these papers are what came of it all.  The background paper is custom shapes in Photoshop with a couple of dots added.  The other papers have "overlays" by Delicious Scraps here then coloured with the colour suggestions.  The bears are from Trina Clark Lil Bears I then made the word granddaughter a gradient with PS to match the papers.
I have added the heart paper hope you like it.


4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Hi Faith, it's good to see you back in Blogland and with this stunner too! I love the details like the little teddies and the ribbon tie and your paper design is gorgeous too - you are clever! Vx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Aw Faith this is gorgeous ! Clever you making digi paper I am rubbish at all the tech stuff. This is one pretty card , great colors and beautifully made. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog but I didn't win because my cards were good it was a random pick but thanks for thinking that I am good enough to win on the strength of my cards. Have a great weekend.

Marie

Beryl K said...

This is lovely Faith, a beautiful keepsake
Beryl x

kingstonmama said...

What an amazing card! This is fabulous. I love pink and green together, too. :) Ann