12 September 2011

LIM 32

LIM challenge this week - Oh! it's 2 images -   


SEEING DOUBLE
So on your entry this week, we'd like to see TWO of something.

Now as you already know I am NOT a stamper, give me digi everytime, on the puter I see what I'm doing and can change it, however in honour of our Leaders, I have stamped and actually I quite like this one, I know, I'm contrary!

The stamps don't don't have a name on them but I think they are Docrafts, maybe reductions in a bin I had quite a few years ago.  ALL my stamps except for my recent 2 winning stamps are absolutely years old.  Anyway, I stamped them after using talcum powder on the card, debby4000 gave a suggestion on my previous effort, I will definitely will use this tip again, what a difference it made, thanks Debby.

I embossed with Gold and Pale Gold, both bought in The Range, for the stars and Gold for the sentiment. I felt it was too plain, and had to add red to make it light up I thought.  So rummaged for a ribbon and found 4inches! of red and gold, whew what luck.  Now whether they are placed correctly I don't know, but I like it just the same.  Liked the ribbon effect that Mandi used and copied it.


15 comments:

Jenni's Jems said...

This is so lovely! x

Chrissie said...

Lovely images Faith... I think you were absolutely right to question the positioning...I'm sure you know what I'm going to say, because I think you thought it too... everything could do with shuffling a tad to the left.
Great embossing!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Beryl K said...

Gorgeouscard Faith, that's a beautiful stamp
Beryl x

Jenny said...

Brilliant Christmas card faith, I love the two tone gold stars as well. You're right, the ribbon just gives that extra zing being bright red :)
Jenny x

Marlene said...

Very elegant! I likey!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Appreciate it!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Faith
Gorgeous card ...love those Stars....
hugs sylvie
xxx

Bonnie said...

Oh, how lovely, Faith! Great embossing and I love the little bit of ribbon.

Vicky Hayes said...

The stars are gorgeous embossed in two shades of gold Faith and I always like the raised effect that embossing gives. Your touch of red makes the card feel really Christmassy. Thanks for your lovely comments over at my blog too! Vx

Mandi said...

Lovely card Faith
I agree, the positioning is a bit out. Maybe if the stars had overlapped slightly, even if it resulted in not embossing the shadow one.
Ribbon looks FAB, glad you liked mine!


Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

Squirrel x said...

Well done on getting the stamps out hun!! Fabulous embossing, those stars are gorgeous, and the red ribbon is perfect finishing touch. Hugs Sxx

Lisa Jane said...

yay - well done on stamping and embossing.. i love the stars
Lisa x

G Peplow said...

Hiya faith, Well done, more stamping, you go girl:0) Pretty Christmas card, Love the technique with the ribbon too, Gay xxx

massofhair said...

Think you've done an amazing job stamping on your card. Brill technique and wonderful embossed stars. Well done:-)

Aileen said...

Love the two tone stars and the little ribbon. x

kelly ledder said...

This is gorgeous, I love it x