17 September 2011

Halloween card

We have a boy and girl a few doors from us who every year come dressed up for Trick or Treat, they are lovely children, so I usually make something like a treat box or cover chocolate in halloween paper etc.  This year for a change I decided to make a halloween card for them.  This may sound understated by my USA friends, but halloween isn't that big around here, except for a few youngsters who have taken it on.  The card is wonderful photo type paper from Cuddly Buddly, it just makes colours come alive.  The scarecrow Mr Straw is by Digital Delights and the pumpkins and straw bale is by Laurie Furnell, I purchased it a few years ago from PC Hug Bug.  Mr Scarecrow has been coloured in PS, the pumpkin and straw image was already coloured.  The background paper is Bootiful Night from Summertime Designs.  I cut out and 3D'd the main images.
I shall be makng a few more items for them and other chidren who come to the door. I love to see their faces when I give them something made for the occasion. I hope to post what I make for them soon.












I shall be entering the card in to the
http://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/   Halloween or Fall Cute cards for kids

http://floweretstamplar.blogspot.com/     Tricky or Halloween

6 comments:

Aileen said...

Cute Halloween cards. Love your composition. A lovely idea for the kids that come trick or treating. x

Beryl K said...

This is gorgeous Faith, those colours really pack a punch, must check out that paper
Beryl x

Karen Hasheck said...

Cute Halloween card - lovely details and coloring! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids and come back soon!

Danni said...

Aww, this is so sweet! Thank you for playing along with Send A Smile 4 Kids!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love how vibrant this is Faith. What a lovely idea to make things for the children who come to you. We don't 'do' halloween in our family - we always go out for a family meal instead. It's become quite an occasion in itself! Vx

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Wow, really wonderful coloring! Love your bright colors, very cute card. Thanks for joining us this week @ SAS 4 Kids, hope to see you next challenge :)