07 September 2011

Guess what metal!

This week at Less is More, the challenge is -

It's the first Saturday of the month and so we have a colour themed challenge once more and this time it is

METALLIC

We'd like to see CLEAN & SIMPLE cards with something that has a METALLIC finish to it... ink, embossing, card, charms, actual metal... come on people let's get creative!

Sorry it's blurred, but you can see the colours.
"Let's get creative", well I have thought and thought as usual, but this week I had a blinding thought!!!! Years ago I went to a Craft exhibition in Cardiff and saw someone with some excellant pieces of shaped metal objects for sale, these could be put on cards or used as jewellery and for some reason it came into my mind.  So I did the same thing, but couldn't remember how she coloured the metal, so I tried a couple of things and then came the gas hob and it worked.  Some of you may already have guessed what it is, for those who haven't guessed yet, I will show the cards first, I actually made 3, I was so thrilled with the process, then at the end - no cheating!  I'll let you know what I used.
The buckle is cut with Quickutz die and ribbon was part of my prize candy at Pink Princess
Butterfly closeup

The butterfly is cut with a die with the name "Tonic Studios" on it I think I bought it in The Range. the paper is another part of my winning candy from Kellylou at Pink Princess



Key closeup
I cut the key out with a Quickcuts die, ribbon from stash with Mutlu ornamental font printed 21 on card








































































I will now reveal what I used - trumpets, drums, spotlights - a coke can!

I will be entering the following challenges with these cards
http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/  Metal
http://ladybugscraftsinkchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes




17 comments:

G Peplow said...

All 3 fabulous, hugs Gay xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, a coke can?!!! Fantastic Faith - you'll have to tell us how you did it! Love these cards, especially the butterfly one and the 21st birthday one. xx

Chrissie said...

Brilliant... and what fun you've had... you really did get creative!
These are all absolutely great!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

FAB cards Faith
Love that 21, fabulous font, which is it?
That is my favourite. Love the frames on the first too, however.
Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

These are all super Faith, love the buckles but my favourite has to be the 21st card. xx

Beryl K said...

Wow Faith, these are absolutely fabulous
Beryl x

Bonnie said...

Wasn't that fun! You did all that from a coke can. Amazing!

Em said...

coke can!? wow, that's very creative!

cheryl said...

oh these are all great hun,must say just love love that 21st card that font is super bless you for popping over to my blog hugs cherylxx

Jenni's Jems said...

Love these all super cards but just love the 21 ! x

Rosemary said...

wow!! you created all those wonderful cards using a coke can??? absolutely brilliant, faith!!

Jenny said...

Your hard thinking paid off Faith, these are brilliant and recycling too!
The 21st card is my fave...that swirly number is just gorgeous :)
Jenny x

pinky said...

Wow beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Linby said...

wow-can't believe it is a coke can how fab. My fav is the 21st card but they are all lovely.
Linbyx

Sue U said...

Absolutely stunning collection of cards, Thanks for joining us at Laddybugs Crafts Ink this week for our Anything Goes Challenge, hope to see you again soon

Sue xx

Vicky Hayes said...

These are so fabulous Faith and all made using a humble coke can! Coca Cola should have you on commission! Vx

Kerry said...

Who would have thunk...a coke can lol???!!! You are so clever Faith...all three are
flabuous :-D Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx