14 August 2011

LIM one layer

This has been the biggest chllenge so far, I gave it my best shot, but I am a digi / computer girl at heart, sorry to those stampers who produce the most incredible work, including Chrissy and Mandi, this week.  I cannot get my head around it.   I have a box full of stamps, a few inks, but every time I try it, I throw so much away I give up. 

I watched a recording of  Barbara Gray demonstrating stamps in "The Classroom" on Create and Craft, thinking I would learn something, she was great and made it look so easy, so out with my stamps,I chose a 30's lady from Docrafts, played about with some Brilliance inks I have, what a mess, OK turn the card over and try again.  I tried another stamp this time with some Adirondack inks I have and never used, I put a few drops on a piece of plastic, quite liked the effect put the card on top, YUCK!

I am not going to be beaten thought I, so I looked through my stamps again and decided to go simple (a bit like me stamping) and found a lovely Xmas scene, that one year I decided I would use as a Xmas card, it failed so I didn't.  However today it beckoned I stamped it onto navy card with embossing ink, then used, I think, Docrafts Heat It Up embossing powder Silver Pearl.  It went all over the card, out with my paint brush and very carefully I brushed off the excess, still specks on it though.  I know this week's challenge is one layer, but I pasted the navy card onto white as I didn't have any larger navy card and the stamp was too big onto a smaller card, if that makes sense!  I then decided it was too plain, so out with my water colour pencils and I went over the trees with green, then realised duh! the tree should have had snow on it, so I went over it with my white pencil. At the end of all that, I have to admit, I loved doing the colouring and the end result is OK!

42 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh Faith, you made me giggle out loud with your lovely comment left on my blog ;o) You reckon I know what I'm doing? pah, just experimenting Hun, just like you. Didn't you do well, particularly as you were out of your comfort zone being a digi/computer crafter. I love your fabulous blue and white creation.
hugs
wynneth
x

Suze Bain said...

After all your trails and tribulations you've created a great card. Love the image, looks great against the navy background. xx

Beryl K said...

Don't know what you are worried about Faith, this is beautiful. I've been stamping for a while and still end up with the same problems that you have encountered today. Keep on trying because this really is lovely
Beryl x

Kathyk said...

It's always interesting to hear how artists achieve the finished result - the trials you experienced are not evident in the finished card, which is FAB btw

Kathyk

Sandra said...

Lovely card - worth the effort! Sandra

Mandi said...

Faith, this isn't ok its FABULOUS!
I love it
You done good girl!
Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

This is beautiful it caught my eye in the thumbnails and didn't disappoint x

Suzilou said...

I love your card, don't think I would attempt embossing on dark card. Love watching Barbara and have been playing with some of her new stamps :)

Carla said...

this is beautiful

Rosemary said...

this is an absolutely brilliant card, faith! stamps can be frustrating for sure... but don't give up on them!!

G Peplow said...

Hi Faith, Oh Yes, it's gorgeous, just my idea of a perfect Christmas card and the tiny few specks look like snow, FABULOUS, hugs Gay xxx

Sasha said...

Gorgeous card! Very effective and well worth leaving your comfort zone!

Chrissie said...

Talk about triumph over adversity!
This is fabulous and worth all the effort you put into it!
Super card Faith!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Faith, the end result is gorgeous!! So worth all the effort you put in. xx

Susan said...

Faith...I think you DID IT!!! The card is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hi. I just love your card! Great design and I love the use of color.

We have an amazing new giveaway that you should take a look at:
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend,
Jessica Lynn

Andrea Estensen said...

Very pretty.

Marlena M. said...

I love this scene! Beautiful card. ;)

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous card!! Lovely Christmas scene.

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Faith - i dont know what you are worrying about this is gorgeous .. i just love the snowy chocolate box scene.. so dramatic .. and yet pretty
Keep on stamping girl
Lisa x

Sarn said...

Love what you've made here. Stunning.

Hugs, Sandra

GinaA said...

This a a lovely image. Getting rid of speckles is so hard, I never manage to get them all, I think they hid until you get the heat gun out and then it's too late. Great card, love the wedgewood effect

nnalorac said...

Beautiful card, love the white image against the navy, very effective. Carolxx

Viv said...

Well done for keep trying it turned out a lovely card too, well done :O) Viv xx

Linby said...

It's gorgeous, love the white with the blue.
Linbyx

Maja said...

Gorgeous Xmas card

Jenny said...

It was well worth the effort Faith, this is a really pretty Christmas card. I love the colour you have adde too:)
Jenny x

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is just lovely - the navy background really makes the image pop and the softly coloured trees look super! Well worth the effort!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Love your wintry snow scene!

Helen T said...

I love this card - I makes me want to walk through the trees and visit the church.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A brilliant Xmas card Faith - love the wintry trees against the dark blue sky. Gorgeous!
Sylvia x

massofhair said...

Gorgeous card Faith! So glad you had a go and enjoyed yourself. Hope to see more of your inky creations in future posts:-)

veronica said...

beautiful card, and the trees look great!

Vicky Hayes said...

Your day sounds a bit like mine except you ended up with a stunner! I love the colouring! Your only problem now is working out who to give it to at Christmas! Vx

Marlene said...

It's stunning! You've done a beautiful job with this!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, well worth all the work, who said these LIM card were easy.
If you ever fancy doing heat embossing again I would recommend anti static pad or some people use talc in a sock but it stops the embossing powder spots.
luv
Debby

Anne said...

A lovely card. Well worth all the effort!
Anne x

Aileen said...

All your effort has been worth it, beautiful card. x

lin_ka1 said...

this is beautiful

kelly ledder said...

WOW This is amazing!!!

Jan said...

What a wonderful card xx Jan

Mrs.B said...

Stunning card, well worth the effort.
Avril