29 August 2011

flower embroidery

NO this is NOT my work, but I have to show you what my No 4 SIL Linda does (I have 4 all clever in some way).  She does free hand machine embroidery and makes flowers and pictures and the most beautiful handbags.  Aren't these just gorgeous, there is no pattern and she just works her machine until happy with the result, I am in awe with her creativity and all with a normal sewing machine.

Now a little card I did last week as I have a little spare minute today to blog.
The image is by Shellysimages.co I coloured it in PS and the papers are Spring Meadow by Jannisscrapdesigns, I was asked to do a plainish card for an 85 yearold to give to her DIL and it had to bo done by the next day. It was well received I am pleased to say.

Hope you are all enjoying the Late Summer Bank Holiday, it's a shame the weather hasn't been too good, but at least hasn't been raining here in this part of Wales for a change :)

9 comments:

Beryl K said...

Beautiful embroidery Faith, a very clever SIL. Your card is gorgeous too
Beryl x

Anonymous said...

Your SIL is very talented Faith, so are you!! A gorgeous card as usual. xx

kelly ledder said...

Lovely work, I wish I was as talented as the pair of you x

Bonnie said...

What beautiful machine sewing! And a lovely card too! Glad you had some time to create!

Marlene said...

Oooh...lots of eye candy in this post! Beautiful embroidery...and very sweet card, too. :)

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous embroidery, clever SIL, I love your card too, pretty papers and colours:0) Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments, I'm overwhelmed LOL Gay xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

I have a friend who does this freehand machine embroidery too and it's amazing! Your card is lovely as always Faith with those soft colours and I love the inked edges. Vx

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely beautiful pieces Faith, very talented ladies, sorry haven't popped over in a while, a lot going on with me. Thanks for every single comment you took time to leave me :) x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Love your card , great papers and colours really super work . As for the handbag and flowers they are just divine !

Marie