13 August 2011

a cuppa

I had very little time today to play, but felt guilty I hadn't done another card for the CDAC challenge, http://priscillastyles.ning.com/#?=  I loved the tea cup and tea pot by Sandi Samples and saw a colour challenge with unusual choice of colours I had to go with and it suited them both, so here is my VERY quick card of the teacup only.  I have even left off a sentiment because of time, at least I can added it later.  I hope to do more of this cup with the teapot, taking more time :)
The background paper is from Winged Jewels by Audrey J Roberts, cut out with Fairycuts on my Cricut, I made a shape in PS for the eggplant colour middle, which I embossed with my Cuttlebug folder Flower Fantasy, I wrapped green ribbon around it, which is from stash, I also coloured the teacup in the Periwinkle Blue, Eggplant, and Pistachio! a gorgeous combination, required by the challenge at http://www.blog2.ourcraftlounge.com/ I shaded, cut out, then duplicated the teacup and 3D'd it. I cut silver card from Hobbycraft in a circle then put it all together.  A quick, but I think pretty card, hope you feel the same.


5 comments:

Beryl K said...

Great card Faith, and it is very pretty. Lovely colours too
Beryl x

G Peplow said...

Hi there Faith, Such a pretty card, I love blue and green together and who can say no to a cuppa? not me LOL Gay xxx

Marlene said...

That is beautiful, and it instantly reminded me of a really pretty tea cup that was given to me by my next door neighbor (an elderly lady) for my 8th grade graduation. I still have it and cherish it. Thanks for the memories. :)

Wanted to pop over to say thank you for stopping by my blog, too!

Aileen said...

The tea cup and the blues on the card are very relaxing. x

Shelby said...

Such a pretty card! I love the border punch you used with this card. It looks great. Thanks for joining us at CDAC Progressive Challenge and hope you'll play along next time as well

Shelby